Schulz & Sons | Our History
Robert Schulz’s father and grandfather Henry came to this country from Hanover, Germany, in 1923. They were graduates of a master watchmaker school in Germany. There were few watchmakers in the United States then, and Schulz’s grandfather and father immigrated to this country to assemble watches for the prestigious Gruen Watch Company on Time Hill on McMillan Avenue in Cincinnati, Ohio.
After working at Gruen and becoming a manager, he opened his own local watch and jewelry business. In 1953, Schulz and Sons Jewelers opened its doors on Madison Avenue in Covington, Kentucky. Bob Schulz was only 11 years old when Schulz and Sons Jewelers began business. Like Matt, he cleaned counters and studied the trade at an early age.
The grandfather, Henry, worked until he was 86 years old and his brother Edward worked until he was 70. Shortly after Henry’s passing, Ed and Bob opened a second location Latonia, Kentucky. The current location in Fort Mitchell-Expressway Plaza opened in 1997 and has been providing exceptional service to past and new customers for almost 20 years.
Introducing the next concept in jewelry shopping
As a third-generation family business, Schulz and Sons Jewelers has been proud of our service and commitment to the greater Cincinnati and Northern Kentucky community. Our store has been the go-to place for diamonds and quality jewelry since 1953. Our commitment to excellence has grown with the changing times and we are now delighted to introduce the addition of online shopping.
Matthew E Schulz